Room solutions / VAV
Cost-optimised for controlled room climate
Belimo room and system solutions encompass a complete program for the cost-optimised control of zones and individual rooms - in comfort zones as well as in industry, trade and sensitive work areas. After all, health, well-being and productivity greatly depend on room climate.
More comfort, improved working environment, maximum energy efficiency
Optimal actuator and control solutions for air flow control
VAV-Compact – efficient room control with just one device
Actuator, controller and sensor – the VAV-Compact is the economical solution for variable and constant volumetric flow systems in office buildings, hotels, hospitals etc. all in one device. Special rotary actuators of 5, 10 and 20 Nm as well as linear actuators with 150 N fit on volumetric flow units (VAV/CAV) of different sizes and types. VAV-Compact controllers can be controlled conventionally using analogue signals via BACnet, Modbus, KNX or via the Belimo MP-Bus.
When using a bus connection, an additional sensor can be connected to each VAV-Compact. The sensor signal is digitised and available as a data point.
The VAV retrofit product range is available to replace volumetric flow controllers on site in the volumetric flow unit (one-to-one replacement or function expansion for communicative variants).
VAV-Universal – maximum flexibility for increased requirements
The modular structure of the VAV-Universal controller product range with integrated differential pressure sensor enables the ideal combination of controller and damper motorisation. With this product range, individual solutions for all special applications in the field of ventilation can be created.
Volumetric flow VAV/CAV
Volumetric flow summation
Duct and room pressure
Differential pressure sensor
D3 - Flow (dynamic) suitable for comfort zone
M1 - Diaphragm (static) suitable for polluted air
M1R - Diaphragm (static) for room pressure control
CMV Apartment ventilation
The complete VAV control unit with air speed sensor, actuator and damper blade is optimised for pressure-independent VAV applications in controlled apartment ventilation. The integrated thermo-anemometric measuring system is designed to record even the slightest air velocities. This enables the energy-optimised operation of individual systems without sacrificing comfort.
Efficient fan control is a vital part of a modern and energy-efficient ventilation system. To achieve this, the required room volumes are measured by means of presence, temperature and air quality sensors and processed as setpoint value for the decentralised volumetric flow controllers. These in turn generate demand signals for the fans of the air-handling unit. Directly controlled EC fans are now increasingly being used for power control.
Intelligent controls with fan optimiser function record the damper blade positions of the volumetric flow controllers via the bus system (BACnet, Modbus, KNX, MP-Bus) and use the evaluation as a demand signal for energy-efficient fan control.
Requirement: Communicative VAV solutions from Belimo!
- Up to 50% less energy consumption thanks to the partial load situations
- Reduced flow noise
- Reduced pressure loss in the duct
8 reasons to use damper actuators from Belimo
1. The right actuator for every HVAC application
2. Energy-efficient motorisation
3. Uncompromised safety
4. The right product at the right time
5. Easy, universal installation
6. Ready for the future
7. Quick and simple retrofitting
8. Swiss Quality from Belimo since 1975
These days, challenges in planning and on the construction site are difficult to solve using standard products, which is why customer-specific solutions are becoming increasingly important. We build the actuator you need – with the cable length, connector plug and parametrisation you specify.
- Different cable types and lengths with or without a connector plug.
- Product labelling with your customer information (e.g. where the actuator is to be installed in the building).
- Various mounting options (adapted to your installation situation on-site).
- Wide range of electrical and mechanical accessories.
- We take care of the parametrisation for you (e.g. adjustable running time, switching differential and bus parameters).
- Function test, because Belimo stands for tested quality.
We offer a "complete carefree package" for your application.
- Customer advantages
- Software / Plug-ins
Planning HVAC systems is your core competence. You are constantly on the lookout for new, innovative ways to save energy and improve room climate. You work with the most modern methods and use data from suppliers / manufacturers for your planning.As a Belimo customer, you benefit from numerous advantages:
- The highly sensitive and also robust sensor system for precise differential pressure measurement to regulate even the slightest air volume flows
- Great flexibility in selecting products to integrate into buildings thanks to various interfaces. Analogue signals with additional bus communication offer flexible use possibilities and create transparency with regards to control and trends
- DCV-capable (Fan Optimiser) for modern, demand-controlled ventilation concepts in accordance with DIN EN 15232. The requirement recording for zones via the corresponding VAV dampers provides the corresponding controlled variable for the fans
- Belimo VAV products are built, calibrated and adjusted by all well-known manufacturers (OEM) on their VAV units - as an operational system solution
Your task is to design building management systems and optimally integrate field devices. Your goal is to reduce complexity and ensure transparency for the continuous optimisation of building technology.As a Belimo customer, you benefit from numerous advantages:
- Ready for operation immediately after installation of the VAV unit and electrical connection
- Great flexibility for integration in buildings thanks to various interfaces. Analogue signals with additional bus communication and also multi-bus capabilities offer flexible use possibilities and create transparency with regards to control and monitoring
- Common bus interfaces such as BACnet MS/TP, Modbus RTU, KNX, MP-Bus are supported
- Tool-based support for commissioning and diagnostics (save/print setting data, graphic trend display)
- Classic wired parametrisation as well as smartphone assistant app for contactless access – even when the power is off
Installers / plant engineers
The installation of HVAC building technology is your trade. To carry out your work, you need the right products at the right time on site. Easy mounting and expert support allow you to meet your tight schedule.As a Belimo customer, you benefit from numerous advantages:
- High-quality and robust components – proven a million times over
- Simple wiring with low-error potential thanks to the consistent colour and numbering concept.
- Tool-free initial diagnostics thanks to LEDs: e.g. supply available?
- Simple function test, e.g. open or close the damper with the smartphone assistant app via contactless access
Improvements in comfort and energy consumption as well as simple building expansions and upgrades are a constant challenge for you. Optimising your HVAC system with the least possible effort and low costs is in the main focus.As a Belimo customer, you benefit from numerous advantages:
- High-quality, absolutely precise and at the same time robust components in one product
- Proven a million times over
- Energy-efficient ventilation system, based on real ventilation needs of rooms – from the VAV damper to the fan
- Increased comfort depending on the system configuration (air quality, temperature) and reduced flow noise
- Highest level of transparency thanks to a variety of tool functions such as online trend and other features
Facility managers / building maintenance
Management, control and operation of buildings and their technical equipment is part of your daily tasks. You seek solutions to ensure room comfort and optimise system operation. You value simple and transparent systems and, if necessary, quick delivery of spare parts and support available at all times.As a Belimo customer, you benefit from numerous advantages:
- Durable and maintenance-free actuator technology
- Simple installation
- Comprehensive retrofit kits in the product range for upgrading existing control equipment
- Contactless diagnostic and test functions via smartphone
- Easy adaptation of system solutions for conversions
- Short delivery times
- Comprehensive support over the entire life of the product
- 5-year guarantee
You use components from select suppliers in your products. You are always looking for the best value for money. High quality and unique functions tailored to your application add value and allow you to set yourself apart from your competitors. Excellent technical support and a simple business transaction is a matter of course for you.As a Belimo customer, you benefit from numerous advantages:
- Comprehensive product range for cost-optimised control of zones and individual rooms – in comfort area as well as in industry, trade and sensitive work areas
- Customer-specific solutions offer increased added value
- High-quality, coordinated components for maximum precision and a long service life
- Optimised tool support for parametrisation and calibration in the factory
Belimo Assistant App
Belimo Assistant App for onsite operation of devices with built-in NFC interface
Complete transparency at all times regarding your Belimo HVAC actuator solution and the operation of your system. With the Belimo Assistant App your smartphone or tablet provides wireless on-site operation for VAV, sensors, damper and valve actuators.
• Display identification data: device type, position, designation, serial number, MP address
• Operating data and setting parameters: device-specific
• Send operating and setting data directly from the system, via e-mail, WhatsApp, SMS
• Diagnosis page: device specific state information
• Storage of operating and setting data in notes
• Data transmission with deenergized actuator or during ongoing operation
• Automatic language adaptation (DE / EN / FR / IT)
Belimo RetroFIT+ App
The Belimo RetroFIT+ App offers you a quick and easy way to find the perfect replacement for your obsolete or defective actuators, valves and sensors from Belimo and a number of other equipment sources.
Whether it be for ventilation or water applications, for modernisation or for replacing your system – our app will quickly lead you to the ideal Belimo product which best fulfils your requirements while at the same time offering you maximum quality and performance.
The RetroFIT+ App makes it easy to create and plan Belimo retrofit projects.
Videos: How to use the Belimo RetroFIT+ App
How to find a replacement with Belimo RetroFIT+ App.
Belimo PC-Tool (MFT-P)
Adjustment and diagnostic software for MF/MP/MOD/LON/KNX actuators incl. fire protection.
For Windows Systems.
Service Tool ZTH EU
The ZTH EU service tool simplifies diagnosis, operational checking and setting for HVAC performance devices. Connected directly to a parametrisable or communicative actuator from Belimo, current values can be read on site and reset immediately.
When using the ZTH EU as an interface for the PC-Tool (MFT-P), the corresponding USB driver is installed when the PC-Tool software is installed. The driver can also be downloaded here and installed separately.
BIM plug-in for Autodesk Revit
3D data models with technical information from Autodesk Revit via the BIM plug-in
This plug-in allows you to select Belimo actuators, valves and sensors from one database and then add them to the building information modelling project with their technical data via drag & drop. All BIM users thus have access to all data in a structured and classified form in the Revit MEP format.